Today’s round-up is right for millennials – you’ve probably secured your first apartment and puzzled over how to decorate and which items to buy first. You have to slowly fill your new space while paying the rest of the bills as well. This summary does not include essential items like beds, refrigerators, pots and tables, but some things that add personality and comfort to your space. We know that this is one of the most important things of all.
- Carpets give every room character and comfort. For some styles like boho chic, this is essential. Go for a printed rug or one with details that matches the mood you choose.
- A statement mirror or a work of art. This is another idea for adding a personal touch to the room and decorating a blank wall with any artwork or posters that you like. If you prefer to take the design root, a large framed mirror can really tie the space together too.
- Given that most apartments do not have a garden, you will need a lot of plants at home. Opt for large plants like ferns, cacti or rubber plants that are very easy to care for. Adding interesting vases and handmade clay pots will make your plant even better.
- Bean bags or an ottoman. Bean bags are great comfy seating that doesn’t take up much space and doesn’t require difficult cleaning. An ottoman can also serve as a coffee table, which is very functional.
- Two big pillows and a throw. Invest in two large pillows and a brightly colored throw to cover your sofa and you’re ready to host your first movie night.
- Whimsical cups and glasses. Trendy drinkware with bold slogans is very popular right now. Four extra large wine glasses add a chic touch to any kitchen, especially if you have open cabinets.
- Utensil holder. You have to display your cutlery, but also organize it. Buy a fancy utensil holder, one made out of stainless steel and brass which is pretty good in this case, and store your large kitchen utensils.
- A bedside table. Bedside tables offer additional storage space and space for your lamps. They can be the same, similar, or even mismatch, which is a hot trend. Adding lamps and anything else you want to store will make you feel comfortable and at home.
- Basket bins are great for bathrooms and bedrooms and are super affordable. They can be used to store various things, and you can put pots in them too.
- Exposed clothes rail. Show off your stylish clothes and make them part of the decor: view cabinets are very popular now and look very trendy.
- A desk and a chair. This is for those of you who don’t have a separate work nook – organize this in your bedroom. Pick a desk and chair that you like, maybe old ones to renovate, and create what you like for your home. add a stylish lamp and plant and voila!
- A hanging storage container for bath / shower products – everything is absolutely clear here.
- Stylish towels on a hanger. Make sure you have one hung near the sink so guests can fry their hands off.
- Storage containers. Keep your bathroom organized in a chic way and add suitable containers to your bathroom style.
- Scented candles or burners for essential oils. Fill your bathroom with delightful, relaxing smells that will keep it naturally fresh throughout the day and are sure to make your bathing experiences more relaxing.
- A bathroom mat. These can collect a lot of germs. So buy a rubber or an easy-to-clean one. The darker the color, the better.